S1 is on Netflix streaming, and S2 is on Hulu Plus, so I was able to watch all 21 or so episodes. I wasn't sure what I thought of it at first, especially the odd pacing and voice acting, but I love Kristen Schaal, so I kept with it. By the time I got 3-4 episodes in, I was sold. My favorite things?
1) Tina. Fandom is responsible for this, but I think I would have loved her on my own. She is just so awkward, and the "Bad Tina"/friend fiction episode is amazing. I tried to find a specific Tumblr gifset of the scene where she reads her "butt touching" self-insert fic to the whole cafeteria, but failed. I watched a video of a girl reading her Ashton Kutcher self-insert at a middle school talent show (which I can also not find, help) right afterward and all I could think was TINATINATINA.
2) The cuts at the end of scenes. They're almost like punchlines of themselves.
3) The weird, wonderful universe of their little town.
I resisted this show because it is a nighttime soap, and I generally don't enjoy them. But I saw that Hulu Plus had the entire first season. Again, I thought I'd give it a 3-4 episode go... and couldn't stop watching. Every episode ends in a cliffie, and you know how I love those. ;) What I liked:
1) Emily. She's smart, determined, flawed.
2) Emily and Nolan teaming up. They were perfect BFFs in crime and almost every scene with the two of them working together were my favorites. In the finale, for example, [Spoiler (click to open)]where Emily escapes her handcuffs and Nolan says "I'm not worthy" - ♥. I do not ship them at all, but I'd love recs for friendship!caper fic.
3) The love triangle. I liked how Daniel was a believable mark-turns-real, and the way Jack was handled, too. I want Jack to find out! If he doesn't in S2, it might put me off the show, though.
So now I'd like to try to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - but it doesn't appear to be streaming on any of my services. I know it's in syndication, but I really like to watch things in order! Any suggestions?