2. Finally saw Iron Man last night! Yayz! I know that I've been leaving random bits of squee on everyone's LJ already, but I hadn't actually seen it yet. No plot bunnies, though, so don't worry.
3. We took the girl to a friend's house while we went to dinner and the movie - and she came back with painted fingernails. One hand is red, the other is blue. It's so cute. She's turning into a regular little girl. :)
4. I'm feeling somewhat better today, but still having a sore stomach. I hope it's gone by Monday, because being sick so close to the end of school is sucky.
5. Oh, yeah, it's our anniversary today. Sixteen years. :)
6. A meme to finish off the post, stolen from cuyler_morgan:
ABOUT YOUR JOURNAL
1) What is your username? How did you come up with it?
htbthomas - it's a combination of my husband's two names, my first name and our last name. I've kept it for fandom, because it's generic enough to use for everything.
2) Have you renamed before? If so, what were your old names? if you haven't renamed, what names would you want to rename to?
I've never renamed, but I might open a separate journal at some point to keep fandom and personal separate. I actually created a separate journal for my original fiction, if/when I ever write any! :D It's totally empty right now.
3) How much does your userinfo say about you?
It tells a little about me in general terms, and then a lot about me in fandom terms! This is primarily a fandom journal, after all.
4) How long have you been on livejournal?
Since August of 2006.
5) What is the longest amount of time you've gone without posting?
I think two weeks. I don't post every day, just because I want to actually have something to say. Posts of mixed whatever, like today, are very unusual.
6) On average, how many entries do you post per day? (divide how many total entries you have by how many days you've been on LJ.)
.073 per day.
7) What are your posts normally about?
Fandom or memes. Some personal entries, but those are mostly f-locked, and few and far between.
8) Is your journal friends only? Why or why not?
It's semi-friends only, though it's not marked as such. If I wouldn't want random strangers reading the entry, I lock it. But most of the time, I'm too much of an attention seeker! :D
9) Does your journal have an actual title or are you merely USER @ livejournal?
Title: Throne Room of the ECQ
Subtitle: ...or Barbara's LJ
10) How long do you see yourself staying on livejournal?
As long as the fandom obsession lasts. I expect that I'll move on eventually, though this place is ever-changing, which means it'll hold my interest longer. So far I don't see any sign of it waning. I think the close relationships I've formed here have made all the difference!
ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS LIST
11) How many people are on your friends list, not counting private journals, media journals, etc?
203 -- I'm always looking for new friends. Though quite a few of those people are not frequent posters. I may actually do a friends cut at some point. *shocked*
12) How much do you talk to people on your friends list off of livejournal?
I talk to van_el and mark_clark almost every day (and foxtwin, but that doesn't count *wink*). Then there are ten or so other people that I chat with regularly. My IM is filled with LJ people, though.
13) Do you do friends cuts? Why or why not?
I haven't done a general one yet, but at some point I might need to.
14) Do you regularly participate in friending memes? If not, how do you normally find people to friend?
I have participated in a couple of friending memes, but only one was really great - the one foolish_grin hosted a couple months ago. I usually find friends based on communities or mutual friends. Every once in a while I'll do a search for people based on interest.
15) How often do you add new friends to your friends list?
All the time. I'm not sure if I'll ever stop.
16) Do your friends have to have things in common with you?
Yes, everyone on my f-list shares at least some fandoms with me.
ABOUT YOUR ICONS / USERPICS
17) How many userpics do you get maximum? How many of those slots do you actually use?
I have 140. I use every slot. :D
18) Do you mostly use icons made by yourself or by others?
I mostly use others' icons, with credit, though there are some I've made because I wanted a specific image.
20) What fandoms are most frequently seen in your userpics?
Superman-related and Spider-Man related
21) How do you find icons to use?
Mostly through comms. Quite a few have been made on request! *hugs those people*
22) How often do you upload new icons to use in your userpics?
Everytime I have a new subject to post about. I also try to make my icon names sort of general so that I can update them with new images. For example, "Chimmy" has had several versions over the last two years. So when I replace a pic, the new one gets used in all my old comments with that userpic name.
23) Which of your userpics do you use the most?
24) Which of your userpics do you like the most?
They're my babies! I can't decide!
25) The old maximum number of userpics was three. Could you see yourself "surviving" on three userpics now?
26) What do your userpics say about you?
That I'm a bit eclectic? That I'm obsessed with superheroes?
ABOUT YOUR FANDOMS
27) Which fandoms are you most active in?
Superman Returns and Smallville. I wish I had more Spider-Man bunnies, but they aren't coming around to play anymore. :(
28) What do your choice of fandoms say about you?
Obsessed with superheroes, once again.
29) Do you make friends based on fandom?
Oh, yes. I love that part of fandom.
30) How many fandom communities are you a part of?
31) Do you join fanfic or icon communities or only the general communities?
Mostly fanfic and icon, with a few general.
32) How many fandom communities do you moderate?
Only one. And it's a seasonal thing, supes_mv_awards. It's actually time to blow off the dust and get it ready for the 2008 awards again.
33) How often do you check fandom communities for new posts?
Every time there's an update on my friends page.
34) Do you contribute to fandom? if so, by way of what?
I contribute fanfic - and here I also contribute snark and silliness.
35) Have you ever read (or been featured on) fandom_wank?
I've read it, but not often. And I hope to God I'm never featured. But I fear I will be someday...
36) What is one thing you wish you could change about fandom?
The wank. I do enjoy a bit of disagreement on fandom points, otherwise, where's the fun? I hope that this LJ can be a place people can respectfully disagree with me and each other and still remain friends.